- Test methods
Spectro’s Rotating Disk Electrode (RDE) technologyis a robust, proven spectroscopic technique designed to simultaneously analyze wear, additives and contaminants in mineral or synthetic petroleum-based products, compliant with ASTM D6595 and D6728.
The quality and stability of the Q100’s solid state optics provides reliable trending data to determine the actions required to protect the health of your critical equipment potentially saving thousands in repair costs and downtime.
Spectroil M series
The Spectroil M/C-W is a compact, rugged, transportable and easy to use spectrometer designed specifically for the analysis of oil samples. It measures trace quantities of elements dissolved or suspended as fine particles in natural or synthetic petroleum based products using the time-tested and reliable rotating disc electrode (RDE) technique.
|Spectroil M-C/W||Spectroil M-F/W||Spectroil M-N/W||Spectroil Q100|
|Application||Wear metals in lubricants||Contamination in fuel||Wear metals in lubricants||Wear metals in lubricants and fuels|
|Use||Civil||Civil||Military (JOAP approved)||Civil|
|Elements||22 - 32||15||15 - 20||22 - 32|
The Spectroil M/N-W is still the only mobile spectrometer that has been tested and approved to meet the complete technical and performance requirements of the JOAP CID-0191 Specification for Deployable Spectrometers of 4 June 1999. It was assigned the NATO Stock Number 6650-01-535-4271. Additional NATO Stock Numbers have been assigned to the Spectroil M/N-W for Army, Navy and a configuration with a transit case as shown in the table below:
|Spectroil Model||Configuration||Stock Number|
|Spectroil M/N-W||15 Elements||6650-01-535-4271|
|Spectroil M/N-W (with Transit Case)||15 Elements||6650-01-415-1767|
|Spectroil M/N-W||20 Elements||6650-01-535-4276|
|Spectroil M/N-W (with Transit Case)||20 Elements||6650-01-535-4273|
|Spectroil M (DOS version)||Military (Obsolete)||6650-01-388-8727||Spectroil M/N transit case|
- › Provides an early warning of abnormal wear.
- › Conforms to ASTM Standard Test Method D6595 requirements
- › No sample preparation
- › 30 second analysis time
- › Bench-top and transportable
- › Analyzes all elements simultaneously
- › Always ready to analyze samples
- › Very low costs on consumables compared to other methods such as ICP
- › Simple to operate without special training or background
- › Standard and readily available consumables
- › Requires no special utilities or gases, only AC power
- › Meets stringent Department of Defense requirements (JOAP)
- › Optional large particle analysis capability
This product is compliant with the following test methods:
- › Condition Monitoring
- › ASTM D6595
- › ASTM D6728